BGE-405.B – Obrecht-Lynch, 900 E. Key Highway, ca. 1930.
Originally located on Light Street along the Inner Harbor, the Obrecht-Lynch Corporation was founded in 1924 by Charles B. “Buck” Lynch to repair paddle wheelers. Five years later, Lynch—who had learned about ship repair while serving as superintendent of a repair yard belonging to Charles F. Obrecht—moved the company to Key Highway, which in the early twentieth century was lined with shipyards. After briefly losing and repurchasing the property in the Great Depression, Obrecht-Lynch found success repairing Liberty and Victory ships during and after World War II.
(Take photo from across the street where Key Highway divides.)