BGE-26962N – Fidelity Motors, Mt. Royal Street at Cathedral, May 1925.
Beginning in the 1910s, Mt. Royal Avenue and the streets that intersected it were teeming with automobile dealerships. Though such brands as Babcock, Hudson, and Nash have long since disappeared, the avenue’s dealers also sold vehicles with more familiar names, including Ford, Chevrolet, Pontiac, and Chrysler. As Baltimore’s demand for cars grew in the 1920s and 1930s, “Automobile Row” eventually moved beyond Mt. Royal and spread out along North Avenue.
(Take photo on the west side of Cathedral St. at Mt. Royal Ave., at the driveway to the Station Building.)