Sunday, May 4 -- 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
That Nest of Pirates on the Chesapeake: Local historian Wayne Schaumberg will offer a fascinating look at Baltimore's role in the War of 1812. With the bicentennial just a few months away, now is a great time to review the people, places, and events of our city's defense against the British.
- $12 per person, $10 BMI Member.
- For information and reservations, contact Kelley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410.727.4808 x132.
Wine Dinner at La Tasca
Thursday, May 8 -- 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Presenting Wine Wars: Spain vs. USA! During a delectable four course dinner--with dessert--three wine battles will take place. Who will be the victor? You decide! Additional wine offerings will begin and end the evening.
Enjoy breathtaking views of the Inner Harbor while tasting wines and the best of Spanish Cuisine. Arrive beginning at 6:00 p.m. with dinner at 6:30 p.m. This is the third evening in our four-part series; the final dinner will be June 19 at Tabrizi's.
- $65 per person.
- Click here to purchase tickets or contact Penelope at email@example.com or 410.727.4808 x119 for details.
Plein Air Painting Workshop
Saturday & Sunday, May 17 & 18 -- 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
In partnership with Crystal Moll Gallery, Maryland painter Tim Bell will teach plein air oil painting techniques inside on Saturday and on the BMI campus on Sunday.
- $145 per person.
- Contact Crystal at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410.952.2843 for details.
Old Time Jam Session
Sunday, May 18 -- 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Featuring Ken Kolodner and Brad Kolodner. Local musicians are invited to join in this Old Time Jam Session in our waterfront Pavilion. Ken and Brad will accompany a dance caller who will lead old-time communal dances for audience participation...no experience necessary!
Includes museum admission to see our newest exhibit Making Music: The Banjo in Baltimore & Beyond. Bring the whole family and enjoy refreshments from food, dessert, and beer trucks.
- $12 per person, $10 BMI Member. Musicians are guests of the museum.
Big Truck Day
Saturday, May 24 -- 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
In partnership with the City of Baltimore Department of Public Works, kids of all ages will be able to inspect and enjoy work trucks, emergency vehicles, and more! Held rain or shine in the BMI parking lot.
- Free and open to the public.
BMI Farmers' Market Opening Day
Saturday, May 31 -- 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Join us for our sixth annual market, held in and around our waterfront Pavilion! A convenient place to purchase fresh local foods and buy artisan items not available in stores. There is something for everyone and is a great place to meet friends and get to know your neighbors!
We will have special family-friendly games, crafts, and giveaways for Opening Day. See you at the market!
Tuesdays, 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Your preschooler will enjoy exploring the museum with Miss Susan through stories, songs, tours, and crafts. A different theme each week!
- May 6 - Plants & Mother's Day, May 13 - Tools, May 20 - Memorial Day, May 27 - The Chesapeake Bay
- BMI Members: free. General Public: kids - free, accompanying adults - $5. Reservations recommended, contact Kelley at email@example.com or 410.727.4808 x132.